Representing Manufacturers of Electronic Components used in Power and related applications for over 30 years.
Call us, we want to hear from you !!!
FAQ's, commonly asked questions about our business:
What is a Manufacturer's Rep?
- A contracted sales organization, providing sales and support services within a geographical territory.
Why do companies use Reps?
- Many manufacturers choose not to or cannot afford to hire salespeople throughout the country. A rep is a fixed cost based on the total sales in the territory and the rep is responsible for all costs and expenses associated with running their rep organization. Also, reps typically know their home territory well and can bring sales to a manufacturer based on experience and exposure to customers through other lines.
What is a Distributor?
- A distributor is an intermediary entity between a the producer of a product and another entity in the distribution channel or supply chain.
What is an Authorized Distributor?
- Authorized Distributors only buy directly from their contracted manufacturers to insure proper factory warranty and product traceability between their suppliers and customers.
What is a Broker?
- A non-authorized distributor that may buy from various sources and typically cannot trace the origin of the material or guarantee its quality. Manufacturers typically will not support products purchased this way.
Do Reps and Distributors compete with each other?
- It is common for reps and distributors to work closely together to service a customers business. This may not apply in some cases:
- A customer chooses to buy direct from a manufacturer based on volume.
- A manufacturers products do not utilize any distribution channel.
- The Rep and Distributor are competing for business with different manufacturers products
Can I place my order with PowerComp?
- YES, we process orders for all of our Principals. We also confirm orders, provide expediting services and supply tracking information as needed. We also service many types of stocking and pull systems.
I need an RMA, how do I request one?
- Like orders, PowerComp can process RMA requests between customers and principals. We will assist with the gathering of information necessary in processing and RMA request.
Is PowerComp my vendor?
- NO, PowerComp is a a sales and service company only. All vendor info is setup directly with the manufacturers we represent. This includes all accounts payable and receivable accounting activities.
Do I pay PowerComp for the products I have received?
- NO, all payments for material are invoiced by and paid to our principals.
Do we stock our Principals products?
- NO, we are a sales and service organization only. All stocking is done by our principals or their authorized distribution network.
Do we take credit cards?
- Some of our principals will accept credit card payments. We can facilitate payment via credit card payments by directing the customer to the proper person within our principals organization. We strongly suggest customers NOT send credit card info via e-mail.
Do we process ITAR documents?
- NO, PowerComp is not ITAR registered but we can assist our customers by directing telephone ITAR inquiries directly to our principals as needed. We request NO ITAR documents be sent to us via e-mail.
Do we provide technical assistance?
- YES, our primary sales function is to assist customers as they work on new designs. We gather information, report to our principals and supply answers as needed to achieve the performance goals of the customer.
Do we process sample requests?
- YES, all of our principals are eager to assist customers by providing samples for new design efforts. We are happy to process your sample requests and always hand deliver your samples upon arrival.
What if production of my end product goes to another region or offshore?
- All of our principals offer global supply chain support and PowerComp is compensated accordingly. We only ask that our customers assist by providing basic info about the approved parts and production destination.